Friday, September 8, 2017

INSTINCT VS LOGIC IN MATTERS OF THE HEART


 INSTINCT VS LOGIC IN MATTERS OF THE HEART

We must not be surprised if our instincts are not all that they should be in love. The sober truth is that sometimes we get it wrong with matters of the heart. You may get a flutter in your stomach and get lost in his or her eyes, but many people get lost in new places they visit, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

When someone leaves you breathless also remember that feeling out of breath is a common symptom of respiratory related ailments. It might be more important to seek medical attention rather than act on your instinct that wheezing is a sign from the heavens to get a date or phone number.

I once had a girlfriend who laughed at all my lame jokes and told me I was funny. She followed me everywhere like a smitten kitten. That, instinctively, is how attraction and love works, right? It was unnerving how she would follow me even to the bathroom and watch me do my business. She stuck to me like the spots on a Dalmatian and seemed to think I might escape through some secret rear door if she wasn't keeping a watchful eye on me.

It is a great feeling that someone needs you. But needing you the entire time is also an instinctive red flag. We all need some space or independence as adults.

Comparison to the Ex dulls the axe of any relationship. Instinctively, some people date those with a strong resemblance to their Ex. Their Ex becomes their “type” and this is probably an unhealthy cycle that they keep repeating. Great relationships require hard work but not on a permanent basis. Being in a relationship and ceaselessly trying to be more like the Ex is exhausting work. You will end up a frustrated, perpetual underachiever.

Truth is said in jest. That’s logical. Watch out for anyone you're in a relationship with who makes rude comments about you and then claim they were just joking. Such jokes are the truth spoken from the depths of their hearts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment