Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Weird Compliment

When clients walk through the door, we roll out the red carpet and offer the whole nine yards to them.
 
My elderly client came in for an appointment and I offered her a drink which she accepted. She felt hot and so I adjusted the room temperature. She forgot her reading glasses and couldn't read the documents I printed out for her to sign. So I increased the font size. She still couldn't make out some of the numbers and so I wrote them out for her.
 
"You should have been a doctor," she said with a sweet smile. It was an unusual compliment that a banker should have been a doctor, but I accepted it. I guess I'm caring like that. Most doctors I have met are kind and caring professionals.
 
"Why do you say that? That I should have been a doctor?" I asked her.
"I can't read your handwriting!" she said.
 
Okay, it started like a compliment, but then ended up as a criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment