Saturday, November 4, 2017

THROW A HAMMER LIKE THOR

THROW A HAMMER LIKE THOR
 
Several years ago, I spoke with my parents on phone and they told me something that piqued my curiosity. A new neighbor had moved into the flat next door and they had a beautiful daughter around my age. I hadn't visited my parents in a long time and I was dying to see them. Okay, fine! I admit it. I was dying to meet the daughter of the new neighbor which doesn't mean I was actually dying. You do get what I mean?
 
So I went to visit my parents. I took a long walk when I arrived with an impatient expectation of seeing the new girl on the block. We almost ran into each other as I turned a sharp corner at the far end of the street. She stopped, startled. The reports of her looks had not been exaggerated.
 
"Heavens above," I thought to myself.
"Oh my god!" she said. It was the first time a girl had said out loud that I was a god or her personal god. It was music to my ears.
 
Someone reading this may say, "Oh, stuff it. She only used that phrase as an exclamation of surprise." Well, that’s your personal opinion, isn't it? Meanings of words and phrases are situational and open to individual interpretation. I prefer to think she thought of me as a god. Like Thor, the hammer-wielding god of thunder and lightning. Throughout the ages, gods have left mere mortals in awe.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What happened after boss. You need to complete the story oh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Okay then. Watch out for part 2 as they say in Nollywood. All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

    ReplyDelete