Thursday, July 27, 2017

Surprise Me!



Surprise Me!

 

I visited Morocco in 2011. I heard it was a beautiful country with a rich culture and history. I looked forward to the desert tours on camels trekking through the dunes. I was open to adventure and not drawn to any one particular tourist attraction.
 
After a few minutes staring at the map of prospective sites, I said to my private tour guide, “Surprise me!"
 
"Sir, you want to see the Atlas Mountain, Ouzoud falls, or the Marrakech museum? We also have the Draa Valley and Bahia Palace. But there's no such place as “Surprise Me” in Morocco," he said.
 
I told him to take me to his favorite places then. “Surprise Me” was probably still under construction.

6 comments:

  1. John, you spectacular man. The punchline on this one. Gave me a good laugh. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jason :)
      I can imagine that punchline delivered in your upbeat, vibrant, rich and deep baritone professional voice. Now that would be awesome!

      Delete
  2. Seriously ?? I was really hoping for a story here! That response caught me off guard! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The response was totally unexpected. It also caught me completely off guard. lol

      Delete
  3. Goodness Me, Earl John, I don't know if I should say this is hilarious or just cruel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably a bit of both. But life's too short not to laugh about things that are also facepalm moments.

      Delete